Your privacy is important to us, and we want to be as transparent as possible in the types of data we collect and how we use it.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
- Information voluntarily submitted to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information we collect from others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For instance, you may link your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to enter a giveaway. If you choose to do so, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
- Automatically collected information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How your information may be used
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To track and measure advertising on the Website
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity
3rd party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. The information collected by google analytics includes but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. Please note: none of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site and is presented to me by google in the form of statistics. This information helps us understand what the visitors to this blog find interesting and therefore write content that is likely to be relevant and interesting.
- Jetpack – this service allows us to offer a comment field under posts and to gather data such as number of visits, referrers, link clicked etc
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible such as avatar and name, if you provide one. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add a link to your website.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Along for the Trip is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
The website also currently is part of the affiliate program for HotelsCombined, Tripadvisor, Park Plaza Hotels, Lonely Planet, Borrowlenses.com, Shutterfly, CityPASS, Undercover Tourist, Legoland Discovery Centers, Sea World Parks, and Viator. All posts containing affiliate links are marked as such on each page.
If you join our newsletter we receive the email address you used to sign up. We use the newsletter for promotional communications and updates that we send at different times during the year. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. They are embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of the newsletter (opening rate etc). This allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights related to your personal information
At all times, you have the right to:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at info @ gmail [.] com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions,
or when required by law.
Sensitive personal information
All content on this website, text or otherwise, are property of the author or used under explicit authorization from the relevant owners. Any attempt to copy, steal or reuse any of the content without my specific authorization can and will be prosecuted.
If you like my content and wish to use it on your own publication, please email me asking for permission and specifying what you would like to you the content for.
I reserve the right to refuse authorization for any use of my content that I do not deem appropriate or in line with my views.
You can reach us at email@example.com.
Waiver of responsibility
ll the information and opinions on alongforthetrip.com (this website) are based on my own experience and personal taste.
The views expressed on this blog are personal opinion of the author at the time of writing. The author of this blog does not own or operate the services reviewed and is therefore not responsible for any of the above mentioned services or for any loss or damage you might incur taking part in any of the activities/tours/etc mentioned.
This website cannot give any warranty or representation as to the accuracy of the information and does not accept responsibility for errors or omissions or for any action or decisions based on such information. Any info about a product or service mentioned on this blog should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
We often provide links to other websites for the reader’s benefit. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services.
Reasonable care and attention has been taken into writing for this website. All the contents of this website are published in good faith and believed to be reliable at the time of publishing.
We retain the right to change this disclaimer at any time.
Last updated May 25th, 2018
Enough with the boring stuff - check out these great posts!